EDGEWATER MUSIC GROUP
DISTRIBUTED BY SONY RED
Edgewater Music Group is a three-in-one company designed to meet the demanding needs of 21st century recording artists. Edgewater’s purpose is to advance your career in a variety of ways.
First and foremost, Edgewater Music Group is a high-end music production firm. We specialize in the production of exceptional, radio-quality records made to expand the artist’s profile and industry results! Our work is strongest in organic, live instrument music: Americana, Country, Roots, Southern Rock, Soul, Funk, Singer-Songwriter, and Blues.
Edgewater is headed by record producer Derek Hames and recording and mix engineer John Shelton, who will take your music to a new level. Edgewater also owns Edgewater Studios, a world-class recording facility headlined by a best-in-class analog SSL console, Pro Tools HDX, and an outstanding array of outboard gear, microphones, backline, software, monitoring, and acoustics. In our studio or a studio of your choosing around Texas, North America, or the world, recording with Derek and John will provide you with the product you need to open new doors and take your music career to the next level.
Additionally, Edgewater Music Group is a full-scale music distribution firm with exclusive national distribution contracts with RED Music (a Division of Sony Music Entertainment) as well as Smith Music Group. Edgewater is dedicated to seeing quality records translate into financial success for the artist. Imagine having the distribution power of a major record label combined with the individual attention of a boutique firm with dedicated team members operating in Texas, Nashville, and New York, all while maintaining the creative control and profit margins of a completely independent artist. That’s what Edgewater Music Group can offer to artists who record with us.
Finally, Edgewater Music Group also provides added consulting support to artists and their management as they prepare to release their new Edgewater recording. Depending on your specific need, the Edgewater team will assist you with some or all of the following:
- Proper budgeting to align your project’s goals and finances
- Specialized access to important multimedia services, offered through Edgewater, to present you in your best light (video production, professional photography, web design, digital marketing, logo design, album artwork design, merchandise development)
- Production of high-quality EPK (Electronic Press Kit) that can be utilized to form strategic partnerships within the music industry
- Strategic consultation on the right approach, timing, and tactics for your release to maximize impact
- Shopping services to our network of top level booking agencies, record labels, radio promoters, music publicists, concert promoters, sync licensing specialists, and more!
The records we’ve produced have helped our recording artists to achieve dramatic success advancing their careers, including:
- Major-label distribution nationally via Sony/RED and regionally-targeted distribution in Texas via Smith Music Group (both contracts are available for the distribution of any Edgewater-produced record)
- Major, exclusive booking agency agreements with prestigious talent agencies that include APA Agency, Atomic Music Group, and others
- A featured placement in Rolling Stone Country for The Drugstore Gypsies as one of the Top Ten New Artists to Watch in May 2017
- Charted Singles and Albums on the Texas Regional Radio Report, CDX Traction Texas, Texas Music Pickers’ Spotify Chart, Americana Music Association Chart, and College Music Journal Chart
- Outstanding press in Rolling Stone, Texas Music Magazine, Lone Star Music, American Songwriter, Pop Matters, No Depression, Wide Open Country, Elmore Magazine, The Alternate Root Top Ten (including a #1!), Glide Magazine Houston Press, Grateful Web, Got Country, Country Schatter, San Marcos Record, Sounds of The South, KPRC Channel 2 Houston NBC Affiliate, KDFW Channel 4 Dallas-Fort Worth FOX Affiliate, Panhandle PBS, Skyline Sessions – Local Houston NPR Affiliate, Great Day Houston, Buddy Magazine, Roughstock.com, The Daily Country, Country Music Junkies, New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung, Texas State University Star, The Defining Audacity, Country Standard Time, and a host of other outlets!
- Derek and John are both members of The Recording Academy and are voting members for The Grammy Awards